- Children are a gift from God and should be handled with love and care.
- Children are important in the kingdom of God and that Christ died to redeem children from their sin.
- Christ has called children to follow him and children can be equipped to serve Christ and others.
- Children deserve a safe, positive, nurturing and age appropriate learning environment that is free of fear, pressure to “grow up”, or prejudice.
- That ministry is not just “to” children but “with” children. We learn from children as we teach them.
- That God has appointed parents as the primary religious instructors of their children and the church’s role is to assist in the cooperative effort of that task.
- Successful ministry is the shared responsibility of children, ministry staff and volunteers, parents and the church body.
- Positive self-esteem promotes both personal growth and growth in a relationship with God.
- Ministry should be creative, innovative and in touch with the children and families of our community.
- Effective teachers are the most important component of our ministry.
- Relational ministry is best served with adults who serve as positive role models to the child.